Join our Club - Become a Member!
To quickly and easily join online using a credit card, click here. If you really want to do it the old-fashioned way (we’d rather you didn’t since it makes record keeping harder) you can print out a Membership Form , fill it out, and mail it in. Individual membership is $20, and family membership is $25.
The Skagit Bicycle Club (SBC) is a not-for-profit organization centered in beautiful Skagit County, WA, about 70 miles north of Seattle and 30 miles south of the Canadian border. Our membership of approximately 250 people promotes and advocates for bicycling as well as conducting many rides and other activities throughout the year. We have been in operation for 30 years and promote health and fitness through cycling, the opportunity to meet new people and have fun!
We welcome new members of all biking levels, from beginner to seasoned champs! We schedule a variety of rides every week (weather permitting) that anyone can join. Our group rides contain a variety of skill levels and distances. Riders all start out at the same time, for example, but slow, medium, and fast riders tend to split into separate groups -- and sometimes shorter & longer routes -- that travel together and look out for one another enroute. Ride Leaders conduct all rides and will help newcomers get oriented and paired with the right group.
The Club has various biking events and social activities throughout the year that family members who are not cyclists can attend and enjoy as well, like our annual Christmas dinner and the Classic Bike Show, not to mention spontaneous gatherings of members at local pubs and restaurants! The Club partners with other bike organizations in the region, allowing members to participate in other clubs' rides and events, often at discounted prices.
Benefits of Membership in the Skagit Bicycle Club Include:
• This nifty website with your own login to protect your information and provide access to all Club
activities and benefits
• A monthly calendar of riding events all year long
• Discounts at participating local bike shops
• Access to the Club’s Ride With GPS account as well as hundreds of PDF route maps
• Protection under the Club’s liability insurance when participating in Club-sponsored rides
• Discounts on rides sponsored by other clubs in the North Puget Sound Bike Alliance
(Mount Baker Bicycle Club, Whidbey Island Bicycle Club and The B.I.K.E.S. Club)
• Annual dues of only $20 for an individual or $25 for a family
• A really cool Skagit Bicycle Club sticker to put anywhere you would like
• A whole new circle of friends with similar interests
We operate with the following goals and objectives:
• To promote health and fitness through cycling
• To support and promote scheduled rides for cyclists of all abilities
• To provide bicycling safety education to the community
• To protect the rights and interests of the cyclist
• To provide concise and updated information on the area club events
• To meet new friends and have fun.
Check out our Weekly Rides , Annual Events, and Bike Partner Clubs . . .
If you are interested in riding, find a ride on our: Events Calendar
The Spring Classic is our biggest annual ride: Spring Classic_2019
The Classic Bike Show is an annual event: 2019 Classic Bike Show
Other annual ride events by regional clubs: NPSBA